Saturday, January 9, 2010

update 1-9-10

Did a 2 hour Snowshoe run last night, gaiterless. How dumb is that?
Frostbite on both achilles tendons.
Yehaw.

Other than that, I felt awesome. I gotta say, I feel very very strong right now.
When all is said and done, I'll have about 15 hours of training in this week, which is solid for this time of year.

Joe and I are planning on running a treadmill 50 miler on the 25th, so hopefully that bodes well for both of us. It will be mindnumbing, but that's exactly what I want. I don't want to think. I'd like to turn myself into a robot that just goes, and I think that's a solid way to "program" myself.

On the snowshoe run last night, I felt worked, but in a good way. I could feel my core engaging- something that has not happened before. I've always been extremely weak in the midsection, and I give all the credit to Troy at Northern PT and Kate Hanes.

Gotta bite the bullet and get on the bike already. That's the missing element to my training right now. I'm not as concerned with the swim right this second, although that's going to have to happen here real soon as well. Running is going well...lots of mileage and time on my feet this year already.

I'd considered the Beast Of Burden 100 in february. I don't trust myself to be honest. I don't want to go there and get injured. More likely will be the McNaughton 100 in May in VT. They have a 150 mile option that I'm really considering. It'd be nice to go to Mexico having run 150 miles before. To have that confidence at the starting line of the quintuple would be pretty awesome.

Hard to believe in a few months sleep deprivation comes back into play.
Feels like just the other day I was showing up at physical therapy in the morning, not having slept yet, feeling like crap, and just trying to get through the day. I have to admit that I don't look forward to that, but it is a necessary evil.

I am raring to go....a stark change from 2 weeks ago.
I have been reborn.
Let's get it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment