Tuesday, January 19, 2010

+1 notch

I'm steppin my game up.

-Bought my website domain and hosting.
Soon, www.kalepoland.com will be up and running...hopefully by the end of the week.
There, you'll be able to check out my sponsors, get race updates, and see where my training's at.
-Should have my $$ sponsorship letters out within a day or two.

My first real test of 2010 is sunday night.
50-60 miles on a treadmill. It'll be an overnight run at the PI Inn and Convention Center. 10 hours, from 9pm to 7am.
This is how I know I'm strange. I'm excited to run for 10 hours on a treadmill, at night, instead of sleep.
While I dread the boredom, I look forward to what it's going to do to me. It's going to dumb me down.
It's going to train my mind to not think.
I will become a zombie that just moves without thinking. It's the closest you can get to turning yourself into a robot. A machine.
I'm hoping I get through unscathed, and if I do, that'll be a HUGE jumpstart on my way to Mexico.

I was confessing to Troy my debauchery of the weekend yesterday, and how I always leave party weekends feeling guilty that I only trained my booze tolerance. He brought up a great point. Balance. Why, he asked, do you think you are always hearing about NFL and other pro athletes getting in trouble at bars and whatnot? You gotta let loose.
Thanks Troy for rationalizing my stupiditiy. There is some truth to this...I was very motivated when I woke up yesterday morning.

A light ski today will loosen me up from yesterday's 4 hour snowshoe run and 1 hour of plyometrics yesterday.

When training's going well, it's easy to love life.

No comments:

Post a Comment