Friday, January 1, 2010

Ramble

Wow.
Haven't updated in awhile.

I guess, really, there's not much to update.
Just spent the last month working every day all day...
I sure am glad to have that behind me now.

2009 was one psycho year. Like, crazy.
2006-2008, I wrote Year In Review blogs. I just read them, trying to get inspired to write something on here, and there is one common theme in all of those entries: they ended with something to the effect of: "insane year". This leads me to believe that life in general is crazy, my life is crazy, or more likely, I am crazy.
The best part is that each insane year just keeps adding new chapters to the book I've been trying to write for the last few years. I collected some really great material this year. I know that at some point, I will do it. Absolutely. It's just a matter of when.

Soooo. 2010.
There' s a lot on my plate right now.
I just submitted my entry form to Jorge for the Mexico Quintuple Iron. That's November 14.
Eileen Steil really put it in perspective on the phone the other night. Really, I only have 10 months of training left.
10 months to get ready for 703 miles of racing.
I have a ton of other races in the plans, but if I don't make it to them because I don't wanna get injured, or have to drop during them to better prepare for Mexico, that's just going to have to happen.

So, I'll be in the gym, battling for machine use at the gym with all the "1 monthers". That's a title I give to the resolution people. January is always so crazy at the gym...where do they go the rest of the year?


I dunno.
I'm ready to focus now. My wild oats have been sewn since that cold October morning.
I've lived it up quite a bit. Drank my beer. Eaten my junk food.
My goals for 2010 are simply stated:
-Keep a balance of social life and training. It can be hard to pull myself out of training mode when I'm in the zone.
-Keep it fun. If it ain't fun, I'll burn out.

Here's to the new happenings....

No comments:

Post a Comment