Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Itching The Hermit

I'm getting to that agitated point of things.

This week was supposed to be my first spike in training volume...but I somehow got the plague of a lifetime. The good news is that now, it's on the downslide. I feel better after 10 hours of sleep last night and a Nyquil overdose.

When I plan for something and it doesn't happen, I get this little itch inside, and it keeps getting worse until the matter is resolved. This little itch is usually a precursor to what I've now come to call Hermit Mode...
No friends. No phone calls. No personality. Just training.
Usually it's a week or two weeks, culminating in one huge workout....IE Presque Isle to Bangor ride, run to Houlton, etc.

So I'll have my first big workout next week.
I'm tossing around a few ideas in my head, but the reality is that I won't know exactly what it is until the day before. It all depends on how this next week goes.

Right now, I'm just thankful that I am relatively structurally healthy. My name was just posted on the Mexico site for the Quintuple, so now it's more real than ever. I'm going, and I cannot wait. Just have to be smart and not overdo it.

Man, November's gonna come quick. It's scary to think I only have 10 major workouts left.

Zoinks. See you next week!

krp

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it... at least according to ice cube.

    and thanks for the word agitated. summed up the moment... and as in moment i think i mean this whole week.

    thank goodness for a weekend. i was about to set something on fire.

    ReplyDelete