Thursday, January 28, 2010

Guess its time for a 5x-specific update, to kind of place where things are at in relation to the race.

It's really easy for me to just get lost in the day to day of things. Writing it out fills you, the reader in, and helps me put things in perspective.

On my calendar, I have a new goal for each month. Last month, the big word was FOCUS, because I couldn't get into a routine.
February is DETAILS.
Gotta get to a doctor for a med check and hematocrit test.
Have to get my passport.
Gotta get my sponsors finalized so I can get there without living in a tent for the summer.
Have to finish my website.

I'm having difficulty finding time around training and work and other life obligations to get this stuff done.
I have a feeling I'm going to have to "disappear" this summer, just so I can adequately train.
No more obligations.

I feel good post-50. Only carnage is a couple blisters on my big toes and some thigh chafe. As miserable as that 50 was, it was one heck of a jump start to fitness. If I can get a 20-30 mile long run in per week now, my run will be on cruise control for the next couple months.

And now that the run is on the way, it's time to start developing my bike fitness. Won't start doing ridiculous rides until june or july. I have one special ride I'm planning this summer. Noone will know what or when it is till I'm halfway done. I think it might get too much hype if I talk about it to early...and then what happens if I don't finish??

I just submitted an email to Dick at the UMPI pool for a sponsored pool membership. Sad that the only reason I haven't been swimming is because I can't cough up the moola right now. I just don't dare, with all the other potential mexico related bills out there, if sponsors don't come through. I'm not worried, though, swimwise.
In all honesty, I can be ready to survive a long swim in a month and a half....however, I'd prefer to not "survive" in Mexico.

I'd kinda like to thrive.

The bottom line is this: I'll just take it day to day, and somewhere around June it'll all be on cruise control.

I can't wait for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment