Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Body Snatchers

Oooh, I forgot about this part.
The taper.

Every twinge creates a panic:
"Is it an injury? Am I going to feel this next week?"

Difference is, I'm mature enough now to think rationally.
I used to stress out big time.
My body feels great overall.
I'm getting more sleep than I have been for the last 6 months.
I just need to stretch. I've been telling myself all along- if I'm going to DNF, it'll be because of a flexibility issue. With that in mind, the next week is going to be crazy full of looong stretch sessions morning, noon, and night.

The other part to this taper thing is the continuation of an addiction.
It's a well-known fact that people who spend a significant amount of time training for a race can fall into a depression after the event.
The way you build your life around it and sacrifice so many things for it...when it's gone, you feel empty.
I've never really felt that before, mostly because I am always looking ahead anyways.
So to talk of continuing the addiction...I'm already looking at next year.

I'm not going to make declarative statements, because whenever I do that, things don't happen.

There are certain events I am eyeing.
I want to go longer. I want to go faster. I want to move without thinking...and my body to repair itself on less sleep than ever before. I want doctors to be baffled and insurance companies to be weary of covering me. I don't want to be human.

Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment