Sunday, September 20, 2009

Captain Crunch -19 days

19 days till race day.
5 days of "no effing around" training is about to start.

It's the last chance to callous my brain (and body...but more importantly, brain) before the 2 week rest period from September 25-October 9th. Starting tomorrow and ending friday, my only concern is burying myself in training and sleep deprivation.
I'm going to wake up in the morning and wish I hadn't gone to bed because the sleep was just a tease.
I'm going to pop caffeine pills and ibuprofen like M and Ms.
I want to make myself cry like an overtired little girl when the alarm goes off on friday morning.

For further motivation, I'd like to hear sometime before this race through the grapevine that someone doubts me. Or thinks I'm stupid for doing this.
That will help quite a bit.

On the fun side of things...
-Starting to buy food and other items for the race. Kind of adds some excitement. This is really going to happen.
-Troy and the Crew at Northern Physical Therapy has made a cycling jersey and triathlon jersey with their logo on it so I can represent their awesome facility. I really wouldn't have been able to get this far without their help. They know what they are doing!
-Getting the crew on the same page so they know what to expect. Luckily, I have Justin, an athlete, and Sarah, a massage therapist on the crew. My college friend Sterlynn will also be there. She'll be doing twitter updates and making food and stuff.

Race weekend visualizing has begun.
Swim. Stay relaxed.
Bike. Eat and stay focused on not going too hard.
Run. Just grit the teeth and get it done.

Troy and I have been discussing sleep during the race. To sleep or not to sleep?
How foggy will I be and how stiff will I be when I wake up?

I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment