Friday, September 11, 2009

4 Weeks Of Crabby Hermit Syndrome

Exactly 4 weeks to this very moment, I will be 3 hours into a 7.2 mile swim...hopefully daydreaming along and patient. Triathlon swims are the worst when all you can think about is getting done. I hope that I can find that peaceful rhythm and just settle in, so that I am not starting the race off on the wrong foot.

I think my plan will be to swim 3 laps, or 1.2 miles, at a time, then stop for fuel for a minute, and get right back to it. That'll be 6 segments....much easier in my head than thinking 18 laps.

There are other factors in my life right now that are adding some unnecessary stress.
My car. Moving. The "divorce". Money.
They try to take my focus off what I've been training for all year. I cannot let this happen.
Usually the day before or day of a race, I kind of go into myself.
I don't enjoy talking to people. I get agitated really quickly.
I guess it's my way of focusing up.

Strangely, I am already starting to feel this way, 4 weeks out.
I'm not thinking about socializing.
I'm thinking of the core work, the stretching, the workouts, and the details I need to be focusing on over the next month.
The race is consuming my existence, and all I want do right now is go into hiding and just prepare for the next month.
Is this healthy? I don't know, and I guess I don't really care.

I think it's good that I'm hungry.
I am still pretty fatigued from the overnight bike ride to Bangor and the lack of sleep earlier this week. The goal is to be really well rested come Monday and Tuesday, where I'll do back to back long training days.
After those two days are done, there's one major bike ride left and then the hard work is done.

Here's to not trapping yourself in a limited world.
Limits are only for the closed minded.

kp

No comments:

Post a Comment