Monday, September 7, 2009

crank

When I laid down to go to sleep last night, I had been up for 45 hours straight... a new high for me and an even larger accomplishment given the bike ride the night before.
I struggled to keep my eyes open for a few hours prior to that, but that might have had something to do with the Octoberfest.

Ever seen that movie Crank with Jason Statham?
I felt like him yesterday.
As long as I stay amped in a sleep deprived state, I'm good to go.
It's when I'm just chilling that sleep tries to yank my eyelids down.
For the first time in my training, I feel like I know what to expect in a month.
The aches feel like injuries in the wee hours of the morning, but ibuprofen and sunshine seems to cure everything.
Another sleepless night on tap for tonight. No training though- just driving.

I sometimes wonder if I am taking the right path, living this lifestyle..but then I get smart.
If anything, training for this event has enriched my life.
You haven't lived until you've seen Katahdin in the moonlight on a clear night after 80 miles of riding.
I'm thankful for the experiences I've had and the people I've met, and I look forward to all the new things in the future.
It's in my blood, and I could never go back now.
32 days!

KP

No comments:

Post a Comment