Friday, September 25, 2009

14 days. A Brief.

I've been going about the last couple of weeks all wrong.

The thought process has been...."I HAVE TO do this, HAVE to do that."
As a result, training during september has been stressful and unenjoyable.

Somewhere along the line, I forgot to have fun. I was so wrapped up in the consequences of not training that I lost sight of why I do these things.

I'm glad I got my head in the right place in time. If I had carried that attitude into Lake Anna, I would have forgot to have fun during the race, and that would have surely ended in a DNF.

Got to remember that I love the scenery, the relaxed feeling I get after working out, and the time alone to sort out my thoughts.
It'll be here before I know it.

In 14 days to this moment, I will be doing my second Ironman swim.
In 15 days to this moment, I will be glad to see sunlight after riding my bike all night.
In 16 days to this moment, I will hopefully still be upright, plowing through miles of running with only one thing in mind...a finish line.

I think I'm going to play this one song by Nonpoint the entire time in VA...
Still Alive and Kickin'....

kp

No comments:

Post a Comment