Wednesday, October 21, 2009

IT LIVES!

"So Kale, what have you been up to since your drop from the VA Triple?"

Umm.
Let's just say my booze tolerance is going up.
Let's just say my social life is through the roof.

I've been really making an effort to keep myself busy.

The first few nights back in Presque Isle, I came home from work and just sat there, thinking.
Thinking is no good. You think yourself into a deep dark hole.

Remember in Talledega Nights when Ricky Bobby quits Nascar, and in the bar his old assistant gives him this pep talk?

"It's because it's what you love, Ricky. It is who you were born to be. And here you sit, thinking. Well, Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a doer. And that's what you need to do. You don't need to think. You need to drive."

I can draw a parallel to this Ricky Bobby quote.
When I lived in Waynesboro, I got all messed up in the head. Thinking. Alone all the time.
Too much introspection is like holding a mirror in front of a mirror and trying to figure out which reflection is the good one.

My mantra since that time has been..."All I know is Go."
Apply it to life. Apply it to whatever.
Just keep going. Screw everything else. No one can take away your will to keep going.
It's yours.

So I'm starting to Go again.

10 minutes on the bike this morning is a start. Northern Physical Therapy...I cannot say enough for what they've done for me.

I've been given the OK to start swimming a little.

Some who know me are worried as they read this. "It's too soon".
It's not. I'm moving. I'm not going hard. This is the time of year to just chill and have fun.
Nothing serious.

I feel like the Frankenstein that has been put back together. My movement will be slow and ugly at first, but that's cool. Ugly is cool.

I'm alive. And it feels great.

kp

2 comments:

  1. Only YOU know what is best for YOU. I believe in YOU. You have strength, passion, and the desire to have the life YOU want. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete