Wednesday, February 24, 2010

trail love

I eat pain.
Marathons for breakfast
I go insane
Crossing races off my checklist

Muscles stay taught
But far from bulletproof
Injury battles are fought
While picking jerky from my tooth

I glide over green grass
And up the mountains high
Pulling wedgies out my ass
No matter who I'm running by

I'm a huge geek to running lore
Gimme rain, sun, and heavy snow too
As long as I'm stepping out the door
And not onto some doggie doo

I listen to that gangsta rap
While hurdling downed trees
Wearing my dry fit cap
Ignoring my bleeding knees

Roadrunner-like my legs twirl
Carry me over hill and dale
Not one to care for the real world,
Just get me on the trail

krp

2 comments:

  1. just found the page. Wish I could be there to help. remeber have fun and training will be easy. Have a good one my brother. russ

    ReplyDelete