Monday, February 22, 2010

switchin the steez

It's February still, but I'm declaring that Spring has sprung. First road ride today.
And because of this declaration, I'm pretty much going to be knee deep in training until November.
In planning my next few months, I will have a steady progression, where my scheme is to be training for future training sessions. Training for training. Hmm.

Basically, I'm following the same formula as last year, with regard to swim bike and run. Major run mileage through spring. Major bike and swim in the summer and fall.

New developments:
-Thanks to a good friend, I have medical clearance for the Quintuple. Still have to get my blood samples, so they know I'm not doping.
-signed up for a 24 hour mt bike race in August. That should be a ton of fun, considering I'll be doing 40 hour rides prior to that.
-speaking of which, planning a significant bike ride april 11-12. Its going to be epic...and perfect training for the bigger yet ride in june.

Overall:
-Some IT band tightness.
-Running base is fantastic.
-overall fitness is awesome...it is definitely time to be upping the ante.

Mentally, I am rekindled with todays road ride. Never again will I let someone tell me "you can't bike here until may". I will be out on the bike every other day, now that I've done it seen that the roads are fine...tornado, snow, rain, or sun.
Its just great to have something new to do....a zero impact aerobic activity that I can do a zillion times longer than running.

I'm so fired up.
All I want to do is train.

krp

2 comments: