Sunday, February 7, 2010

puttin in work

Had a great visit with Nicole this weekend.

Friday night, my phone buzzed.
On my Crackberry, that means one of 5 things.
It wasn't a phone call, and it wasn't a text.
My battery was not dying, nor was I receiving a Facebook message.

It was an email from Jorge, race director in Monterrey.
Apparently, there's a good possibility that, due to construction, the Quintuple is going to be moved from November to September.
We'll know his week.
Kinda adds a new element of stress.
Good stress, I think.
It forces me to get all of these little details out of the way...the ones I've been putting off forever.

Details such as... planning my Uber workouts for the rest of the year.
It's gonna be a pretty awesome summer.
Think solo ironmans, monster lake swims, and crazy bike rides that make my PI to Bangor ride look like charity rides.
No more treadmill runs...I'll tell you that right now.

While I don't look forward to the sleep deprivation, I think it's cool to be in it- feeling your body just come alive the second you start working out.
Mentally, I want to start blasting off these huge workouts.
Really though, it's too soon for all that.
I'm not interested in getting to July and hating my training because I'm stale.

Next on my radar is the Snowshoe Marathon in VT next month.
26.2 miles on snowshoe will be...interesting. It's much more difficult than regular running. It's more like lunges and ab work all at the same time. I'm excited.

The first what I call "major" workout will be a multi-day training camp at the end of March...where I will train at an undisclosed location for 4 days with no phone calls, no technology, no obligations, and no distractions. That should put the finishing touches on my VT 100 or 150 Mile Run preparation, and give me an additional boost to 5x fitness.
I guess at the end of the camp I'll decide whether I'll go with the 100 or 150 in May.
I feel like the training camp is one element I did not include in my training for the VA Triple last year, and that may have made the difference from injury to no injury.

I dunno what else. I'm feeling good.
The lifting is paying dividends in the pool.
My legs are sore from plyos last week, but it's a good sore.
Time to get some rest.
This is a big week of training.

krp

1 comment: