Tuesday, July 28, 2009

You Win! (73 days)

Congratulations Kale R P,
You are the winner of a 3 night stay in Turner, ME!
Thanks to your purchase of a shatty 1999 Land Rover that over-heats, you get one extra night in paradise.
Great.

As if I didn't have enough on my plate, now I have to figure out how I'm going to get to Presque Isle, how I'm going to get my vehicle fixed, and how I'm going to come back down to get it.

So...I'll escape this situation by sitting here and blogging.
If I ignore it, it'll just go away... right?
With the most exciting Tour de France I have ever seen, my blogging took a back seat in July.
Sorry.

One cool thing- we ran to Houlton last monday from UMPI- a 45-50 mile affair.
It was so hot, and the railroad bed is so open that shade is hard to come by.
It was a long day, but a great day until the end. Not going into that though.
The point is that Joe did unbelievably well in his first ultra situation, and though I would never call running that far easy, it was the easiest Ultra I have ever done. No mental issues, just blisters.

EVALUATION
Right now, I feel good, but I am done riding and running intensely.
A group ride spoils the rest of my weekend training.
Riding for 2 hours red-lined is going to do nothing for me after 20 hours on the bike.
I need some good back to back long days on the bike.
I need pool time.
I need flexibility time.
Leah's return from camp mid-August directly coincides with what I am going to call...
"No Effing Around" Training- a month-long, wisely planned out cram of all the last chance training I will need.
Long rides, long swims, and long run/walks, and plenty of sleepiness.

I told Pete(Deca Dude) in an email today that I was starting to get nervous, to which he replied,
"You should be nervous. You are about to do the longest triathlon in the US."

So anxious.
kp

No comments:

Post a Comment