Thursday, July 2, 2009

If and When

I'm done watching the news.
Everything is so gloom and doom about war and financial crisis.
I'm just tired of hearing about it every hour....every second even.

You know, if things are going to happen, let's get it over with already.
If every state is going to go bankrupt, let's go, so we can start over again.
If North Korea is going to bomb us, get it done, so we can retaliate and wipe them out.

I get so tired of hearing about what's coming, or how this or that is on the verge of happening.
It's all speculation.

Honestly, why bring it up if it might not even happen?

I might die tomorrow.
I might die in a minute.
It might be possible for the world to explode at any given second.

Thing is, we can speculate and analyze everything, but the one truth is that nothing is 100% predictable.
Chance. Isn't it a beautiful thing?

It forces us to live in the moment in a world where everyone is trying to figure out what's going to happen next.

I'm reminded of a tee shirt I saw last summer that had me laughing for a while.
Haikus are awesome,
Sometimes they don't make much sense
Refrigerator

Life is that random. So let it go, media. Report on what's happened, not what's going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment