Friday, June 26, 2009

T-Minus 105 Days!

I'm tired this morning.
Was it the dog waking me up at 4:30, or the big thunderstorm we had last night?
Or, was it the time trial last night?
Hmm, I would indeed say... yes to all.

It's been a few years since I last did a straight up, all-out bike effort.
Double that up with the plyometrics I've been doing with Troy 3 times a week over at Northern Physical Therapy and whoa, what a shock to the system!
In reference to Mondays horror show of a bike ride, Troy figured that it just hasn't been long enough since the 50 to jump into those long workouts- which, he's right. It hasn't even been 3 weeks yet. Most people take about a month of recovery, but I took no time at all, thinking it would be cool because I was structurally fine.

Anyways, my energy is beginning to return. I've been eating everything in sight for the last few days, hoping to replenish anything I might be missing. In order to load up with calories. protein, and nutrients in the easiest way possible, I've started with Cytomax Recovery in addition to my regular diet..

I guess most importantly, I'm ready to recommit to Ultra Long training after this week is over. I'm guessing my bike ride in VA is going to be around 24 hours, and I have got to start building up to rides that long over the next 2 months.

Questions I need to answer for myself through training these next couple of months:
-Time trial frame or road frame with aero bars?
-Bring an extra, larger pair of shoes(bike and run) for swelling feet?
-What is the max number of calories I can absorb per hour without getting sick, and what mix of solids and fluids?
-How often do I need to switch from electrolyte replacement to water and back?
-How much fuel can I take in during the 4 hour swim without cramping?
-What is the least sleep I can go on? Most of the seasoned ultra-endurance dudes will not sleep. I will need to figure out whether I can do that at my experience level or not.

Oh there's so much more, but these are my major concerns, because they are directly related to finishing.
I can deal with chafing, blisters, and superficial things. I cannot deal with not finishing. They'll peel me off the course before I quit.

That's all for now.
Happy Training!
Kale

No comments:

Post a Comment