Sunday, July 12, 2009

89 Days

Just wrapping up a fantastic 7 day block of training, and other than a little tired, I feel great.
I put in about 30 hours over the last week..lemme break it down:
10 hours of running/walking
6 hours of PT/plyometrics/resistance
14 hours of biking

Notice the lack of swim in there.
I am having a real challenge finding swim time.
Open water swimming solo is dangerous, and pool time directly collides with PT and work. I'm going to have to work something out here..

The good news is that I'm beginning to feel really awesome on the bike. I can really feel the difference from the plyos I'm doing. Less slouch, better muscle recruitment, fantastic.

8 days until the run to Houlton via trail, a 40 mile affair. This week will be a rest week until sunday night, and then it's right back into some heavy duty sleep deprivation and major volume. It'll be interesting to see how this Houlton run goes on minimal sleep with a good bike ride prior to it. It's Joe's first Ultra type workout, and he's amped. I'll be depending on his enthusiasm to get me through. Although I have never done anything like this, I am hoping the training I've done up until now will make it "easy", i.e., no major mental crisis. Either way, it's going to be a really cool day.

No comments:

Post a Comment