Thursday, October 14, 2010

Free For the Taking

FREE to a good home:
Race Nightmares.
Come take them off my hands.

Last night, I was in a Double Iron in Africa.
It included a gnarly obstacle course in the middle of the run, and I got the bright idea to do it barefoot. Blood was gushing out of my feet, and everyone but me was concerned about it, until I passed out from blood loss.
Race: Over.

Let's see, what else is free?
A couple of publications doing stories on your's truly.
The Country Courier in central Maine, and a free Sports paper up here in Aroostook County.

I'm finding that what I love the most about the exposure has nothing to do with me. In honesty, it feels weird to have my ugly mug and name posted on stuff.

It is very cool to give my friends and family who've sponsored me some free advertising, and know that I could be helping their businesses out through my exploits. I'm having a lot of fun with it, and look forward to getting more efficient and better at it.

Just getting to the 5x is an extreme challenge... With the high risk of injury during training, expenses, and life in general.
I feel like with all of this support, compounded by being the only USA representative, there's no way I can fail.
ONE MONTH UNTIL RACE TIME

No comments:

Post a Comment