Monday, August 30, 2010

Dream Season

It's getting to be that time of year.
Race season.

I know this because the dreams are starting.

In my race dreams, every terrible thing that can happen, does happen.

Last night, I got to the Virginia Double Iron. Lost my swim goggles.
Got into the water for the start, and somehow saw my goggles on the bottom of the lake. Even though the water was 3 feet deep, I couldn't reach them no matter how hard I tried.
Spent so long trying to get them that I missed the start.

The swim was a blur. When I got out of the water, everyone had been done so long that the race course was barely marked.

In trying to get to the transition area, I somehow got lost and navigated onto a different course, and started another race.
This race was like an obstacle course on a kids playground....in snow. All of my college friends were there, and pissed at me for missing the start of their race.

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't keep up with anyone. Then, I woke up.

The nightmares will keep coming. With increased frequency.
Dream season is here. Great.

krp

No comments:

Post a Comment