Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Only

See, I have this thing.

I've been getting advice from deca finishers.
Kurtz. Lefferts. Steil.
All kick-butt, badass USA people.

In chatting with them, there's this word that keeps popping up. Only.

"It's only the quint."
"Use Lake Anna for a good tuneup. It's only a double, but will be a great finish for your resume."

I've found myself even saying it when talking about the double. It's only a double.
Only. Riiight.

Tonight it sank in that next week, I'm going to swim 4.8, bike 224, and run 52.
Only a double...
Truth is, it's still going to be tough, and at my young experience level, will probably turn me inside-out.

Am I nervous? Sure.
But it's a good nervous, not a crap-myself kind of nervous...like the 200 mile run, or even the Triple last year.

I feel pretty good, and have had to chill a little bit on the training this last week due to some minor things.
I'll be well-rested, so I can give things a good test.

It'll be a good stepping stone, and a great marker of where I'm at in the grand scheme of 5x.
67 days until the Quint.

No comments:

Post a Comment