Saturday, April 18, 2009

Raring To Go.

It's mid-April, and finally, things are starting to feel spring-y.

Tomorrow's 2-3 hour training day will cap one of my best training weeks in a long, long time.

Monday: 26.3 miles on the elliptical in 3:20, followed by a 20 minute swim

Tuesday: 1:10 Bike ride with Von and Mike. I had nothing from the previous day's marathon. I got dropped. Hard. I thought I could hang for 20 miles, but it just wasn't in the cards...

Wednesday: Day off.

Thursday:
15 mile bike ride in the morning to work.
32 Miles on the Group Ride at night. I held on until the last 8 Miles or so, but frankly, I think I was just too tired from the volume and intensity at which I'd been training at.

Friday: Off
Saturday:Maybe a 1:00-2 Hour run tonight during the night
Sunday: 2-3 hour training day (roller ski, bike, run?)

Reflection
This week was great, but it must be followed by an easier one. Maybe a similar intensity, but certainly less bike volume if I want to avoid any consequences that may come in the form of injury. I feel this weird ankle/heel thing going on that I had last year, which I've heard may just stem from flexiblility or lack thereof.

I'll be stopping in at Northern Physical Therapy on monday to have an injury prevention tutorial. I hope to get rid of any IT, shoulder, knee, and ankle issues before they start this year.

I am just raring to go. I'm ready for the crazy events to start.
It's just that I feel like I know so much more than I did last year.
Already, I'm in so much better shape than I was last year.
I feel confident, unlike my feeling of dread before both Ironman and the 50 mile run.
Bring it on.

kp

No comments:

Post a Comment