Sunday, June 20, 2010

Three Times, No Charm

I need to write this...for my brain.

This was kind of my worst nightmare.

I'd never DNFed before the Triple. Here I am now, DNF number 3, clinging to my back like King Kong on the Empire State.

A DNF in an Ultra has a much longer story than "I couldn't do it." Unfortunately, to outsiders of the sport, that's what it might look like: just excuses.

You know what it makes me feel like in their eyes? A bullshitter.

I believe in myself...and some people might say that's all that matters. Unfortunately, it's not at this level.
When you have people that have sponsored you with their product, time, services, or money, the expectation is rightfully some sort of result.

I'm extremely disappointed and humbled. This is the "fight or flight" moment.
My back's against the wall. I certainly don't feel excited about asking for sponsorship. I have zero results this year, thus far.
It's time for me fight. I have to focus on my limiter: flexibility. That's the ONLY thing stopping me in these races.
No structural issues. No mental weakness. Just tendons and muscles.

If you've supported me and continue to support me no matter what, I thank you. You are the true friends and my inspiration to keep fighting.

Thanks for reading.

krp

2 comments:

  1. Kale I am sorry to hear you DNF... I am an outsider to this sport and it doesn't look like you are making any excuses. We all see how hard ultra endurance events are stick with it fella

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're the inspiration? I think you have that mirror turned backwards.

    ReplyDelete