Friday, June 25, 2010

rebirth

The sun is out.
The birds are singing.

Today, folks, is a great day.

In reading a few of my last posts, one would probably wonder why the hell I'm doing this at all. I could almost agree. The first 6 months of this year have given me nothing but heartache and stress.

Luckily, my major running events are done for the year. Those are the ones that take the largest toll on my body. I'll still do a few longer runs of 50-75 miles, but nothing major. From here on out, it's about getting Bike Nasty and Swim Hardened.

I am stressed financially, physically, and mentally, in getting to Mexico, but I always remember this.
In any movie...any book that has to do with the pursuit of dreams, things are always terrible for a long, long time...until they get better.

William Feather once said:
"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go"


There's a reason only a few people on the planet do this. It is so far from easy just GETTING to the start line...let alone what happens after the gun goes off.

Less than 5 months now, and I'm starting to visualize how sweet that finish line is going to be. I feel good and ready to start putting some monster bike mileage in.

Enough failure, it's time for success.

Thanks for reading.
krp

1 comment: