Wednesday, May 26, 2010

junk

Lots of junk going on.
By junk, I mean junk.

Attempted to make the trip downstate sunday night so that I could see Nicole and do some hiking on some terrain over 1500' above sea level.
Broke down in Newport.
Waited for 2 hours for Nicole to come pick me up on the side of the road, then spent the next few days doing less hiking and more figuring out what to do with my vehicle, that is still in Newport.
I'm thankful that I've got family in the right places.
They're gonna go pick it up with the car trailer and then we can go from there.

Soooo, Nicole drove me up here last night, and now I'm carless until further notice.

I used to hate the saying "everything happens for a reason", but the older I get, the more I believe that there are forces that we cannot control.

Interesting that I sign up for a MAJOR event next month that's going to require me to be on my feet for 2 and a half days, and now, during the time I need to train the most, I have no car...forcing me to be on my feet to transport myself.
Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not.

In the mental junk department, I've got this internal hippie thing going.
I have all this stuff I don't need.
An apartment I only sleep in.
A car I use to commute for like, 1 mile at time. Ridiculous.
I want to get rid of it all.
It feels like I'm wasting money on things like car insurance, gas, and a roof over my head.
I don't need that shit.
I can sleep in a tent, for free, and I am capable of riding my bike for hundreds of miles at a time, as long as I have time to do it.
I would be saving like 700 dollars a month. That is HUGE.

Training wise, I have about 10 days of high volume via running/walking before I scale it back so that I may survive the ordeal next month.
I'm keeping the details of the event a secret till I'm done, because I'm sitting on two DNF's...and that doesn't feel good to me.
I think advertising what I'm doing only makes me feel stressed about completing it...which doesn't allow me to get into the right zen type mode.

It's hot here. Good Mexico training.

thanks for reading...

krp

No comments:

Post a Comment