Sunday, August 9, 2009

60 days

46 days until "The Hay is in the Barn", as my old track coach Bruce Bell would say.
At that point, you can no longer do anything to make you more fit, and rest is the only thing necessary.

Most high-intensity events call for a full-month taper of training.
This low-intensity event is doable on 2 weeks of rest.

My life is getting turned upside down right now, but training is a great tool of relief.
Not really sure what to do with my car, the dog, or my apartment, but at least I can still ride a bike. Blech.

This comes at a great time in my training, really.
My rage at earth in general makes physical pain easy, and there is certainly no shortage of motivation to get me out the door.
My only focus for the next two months is surviving a Triple Ironman.

Rode a nice 120 mile bike ride last monday, and it was relatively easy on the body.
I still need more "ass training", or new shorts. My ass was chizzapped after that ride.
A double century(200 mi) is next. Not sure when, but very soon. I just need to get rested.

Within the last week, the 336 mile bike ride has turned from something I fear to something I think is doable. The 120 mile ride was very, very hilly, and the amount of work done on that would probably be akin to at least 150 miles on the flat Triple Iron course.

Gotta start putting long kick sessions in the pool. I'm not worried about my upper body on the swim, Troy at Northern PT has me doing some wild stuff.
Maybe two more overnight walk/runs.
3 more uber-bike rides.

And then...the hay is in the barn.
I'm just ready for the harvest.

kp

No comments:

Post a Comment