Wednesday, March 17, 2010

blah

I ran into this last september....getting caught up in training for all the wrong reasons.

Sometimes, I'm so results -oriented that I lose my brain and either don't train right (ie too hard) or lose my motivation. I see what I have to do and its either fight or flight. Balance is proving to be very elusive this year.

I ask myself, now, in a bout of tendonitis, what happened to training for the love of training? Maybe this inflammation is a blessing in disguise, for I am missing training. My body needs it. I want to feel my heart pumping. I want to slip into that mental place where obligations don't exist...when I'm into a workout, I'm just in zen mode. My lack of zen mode is really killing my joy of life right now.

In the grand scheme, the Vermont 100 is a mere 6 weeks away. The April major ride is 3.5 weeks away. So, I need to start putting major volume in, which, until this injury's gone, means major pool time...and this means boredom to the point of jabbing my eyes with toothpicks.

Gotta find that balance.
To WANT to train.
To be confident in my training and ability.
To RELAX my mind.

7 months till 5x.

krp

No comments:

Post a Comment